SAFC 1947-1948 Football League Division 1 Season Review
By Season End
Sunderland AFC finished 20th at the end of the 1947-1948 season scoring 56 goals, conceding 67 with a goal difference of -11.
Dickie Davis contributed the most goals in the 1947-1948 Football League Division 1 season, netting 12 (0.29 goals per game). With a goalscoring average of 0.75 goals per game the Rokerites netted a total of 33 goals at Roker Park conceding 18 (15), away from home scoring 23 and conceding 49 (-26) with an away goalscoring average of 1.83 and an overall goalscoring average of 0.75 goals per game.
The season finished in 1948 with 13 wins, a win ratio of 30.95%, the Sunderland AFC faithful at Roker Park enjoyed 11 wins and the travelling support saw 2 games won.
Of the 42 games played the Rokerites managed 10 draws by the end of the 1947-1948 season, 4 draws at Roker Park and 6 away from home.
In total SAFC lost 19 games, 6 games lost at Roker Park (18 goals conceded) and 13 games lost away (49 goals conceded).
Latest SAFC Blog Posts
- Sunderland…. it’s a tough place to play
- Short term pain. Long term gain.
- Stewart Donald: Salesman or Messiah?
- Hark Now Here, The Sunderland Sing
- It’s a New Day, a New Dawn and We’re Feeling Good
- Salut! Sunderland bows out, SAFC.blog breezes in
- Malcolm Dawson: the final view from the West Stand
- McCormick’s Craic: 2020 beckons and a star of Salut! Sunderland bids farewell
- Salut! Sunderland’s farewells: Jake the illustrator on Monty, Toddo and doing his bit
- Sixer’s Sevens: Doncaster 1 Sunderland 2, and Gooch is back